Print Ad
Firstly, the brief I have been given fits the target audience of male teenagers from ages 14-17. Therefore, I am going to use a celebrity icon that will appeal to this audience. The musical influence for this audience would generally be pop punk/ska music, such as ‘Less Than Jake’, ‘Reel Big Fish’ and ‘Sum 41’. Sum 41, being the most popular band, would be my first choice for a celebrity figure in my ad because it would produce a larger appeal. Due to the fact that my brief was a description of a teenage “skater” figure, I have chosen this type of music. For the celebrity figure I will use the front man of Sum 41, Derrick Whibley. He would strongly appeal to this audience and would fit the ad perfectly.
Furthermore, I am going to use dim colours with splashes of bright contrast to them. This will capture the idea of living and motion. I will also use a skateboard as a prop in the ad. The picture will show Derrick Whibley high in the air on a skateboard with the fragrance ahead of him. This will connote the idea of striving towards something and being closer to this fragrance. It will also connote that if you buy the fragrance you will be able to skate well and be somewhat like Derrick Whibley. The mode of address for my ad will be indirect, which will engage the audience into watching Derrick in action. It may also make the audience feel as though Derrick is superior to them because he is paying them no attention, which will make them want to strive to be more by buying the fragrance.
The shot for my ad will be a mid-shot, this is because it captures what is going on perfectly and makes the audience feel close to the character and fragrance. The lighting for this will be bright, but edited so it is toned down but you are still able to see it was once bright. This will capture the idea of leisure in the summer and skating.
Monday, 5 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment